To get to the next level, you have to think on a higher level. Many people are trapped in an old way of thinking. They were taught stinking thinking while growing up with their family. They learned bad thinking from friends. They learned unhealthy thinking from a previous work environment. To many people, dysfunctional thinking is normal because it’s all they know, but it’s also one of the major things holding them back from going to the next level. You have to get into God’s word and let it truly transform the way you think. You have to get around people who are where you want to be, learn how they think differently from you and begin to implement that into your thought life. You have to realize that you are where you are because of how you think. If you will change your thinking and learn how to think on a higher level, your life will go to a higher level! Start thinking your way to the next level!
The dream that God has given me isn’t about me. The dream is about reaching as many people as possible with the good news of Christ. The dream is not about me. The dream is about seeing addicted people set free. The dream is not about me. The dream is about seeing broken hearts mended by the power of Christ. The dream is not about me. The dream is about seeing thousands upon thousands of people transformed by the power of Christ. The dream is not about me. Some questions for you:
1. Is your dream all about you? If it is, it’s your dream and not GOD’S dream. The dream is not about you.
2. Why has God given you the ability to make lots of money? Is it so you can spend it all on yourself? No way, it’s so you can advance God’s Kingdom and see more lives changed. The dream is not about you.
3. Why has God given you the gift of leadership? Is it so you can leverage it for your own personal gain? No way, it’s so more people can come to know Christ. The dream is not about you.
4. Why has God given you your job? Is it so you can just make money and pay the bills? No way, God has placed you on your job to be a light in the midst of darkness. God has given you your job so that His Kingdom can be advanced. The dream is not about you.
5. Have you made the dream all about you or all about God’s Kingdom being advanced?
1. Stay focused on God
2. Maintain a great attitude
3. Stay focused on your priorities
4. Delegate things that others can do for you
5. Remember that 20 percent of what you do produces 80 percent of the results
6. Say no to good things so that you can do the great things
7. Make time to take a break
1. If I had more money, I could accomplish my dreams.
2. If I had a different building, I could accomplish my dreams.
3. If I was older/younger, I could accomplish my dreams.
4. If I knew the right people, I could accomplish my dreams.
5. If I had more staff, I could accomplish my dreams.
6. If I lived in a different state, I could accomplish my dreams.
7. If I didn’t have this one major problem, I could accomplish my dreams.
8. If I had the talents they had, I could accomplish my dreams.
The only thing that’s stopping you from accomplishing your dreams is YOU! I’m not going to look back on life saying, “What if I would have,” and you shouldn’t either! QUIT MAKING EXCUSES AND GO FOR IT!
1. Pray consistently because God answers prayer
2. Pray for the IMPOSSIBLE because God answers prayer
3. Pray for your BIG DREAMS to come to pass because God answers prayer
4. Pray for your unsaved loved ones, friends and co-workers because God answers prayer
5. Pray for your sick body to be made well because God answers prayer
6. Pray for your church to DOUBLE in size because God answers prayer
7. Pray for God to bless your finances because God answers prayer
8. Pray for your kids to be a godly success because God answers prayer
9. Pray for your marriage to be OFF THE CHARTS GREAT because God answers prayer
10. Pray for your pastors and church family because God answers prayer
11. Pray in faith because God answers prayer
12. Pray that you will have a PASSION TO PRAY because God answers prayer
7. Not everybody will support your vision. I was very naive in the beginning, I thought everybody would love and support the vision that God gave me. It didn't take me long to come to the conclusion that not everybody will support my vision. You can’t waste all of your time and energy trying to convince people who don’t support the vision. That’s called crazy leadership. You have to get over it and get over it quickly to do what God has called you to do. Spend your time and energy on the 99 percent of people who do support the vision and not on the 1 percent who don’t.
8. Focus on what you do best and on what adds the most value to the organization and delegate the rest. To lead a growing church or organization, you must master the art of delegation. To go up, you must give up.
9. You have to say “no” 95 percent of the time. You can’t do what God has called you to do and say “yes” to everybody and every opportunity that arises. I’ve learned that I have to say “no” most of the time. I have to say “no” to what’s good, so I can focus on what’s best. If you don’t control your schedule, other people and circumstances will.
10. You must take risks. If you are not doing things that if God doesn’t show up, you’re going to fall on your face, you’re not taking risks. Leaders are risk takers. Leaders are always out front. That’s why they’re leaders. Quit playing it safe, take some risks and just watch God show up!
5. We must make church a place where the un-churched feel welcome. The reason so many people drive by our churches every single day and don’t ever think about coming inside to check things out is because most churches don't make the un-churched fell welcome. I’m not advocating that we have it all figured out, because we don’t, but we work EXTREMELY hard to create a church and services where everyone feels welcome. We are very bold to speak the uncompromising truths of the Bible. We just strive to do it in a relevant, fun and creative way. Honestly, it takes a lot more work to speak and create a relevant worship service that will attract the un-churched and encourage the believer at the same time. The easy way out is just to have church for church people. I can do that with very little effort.
6. Deep is doing not just knowing. I get tired of people telling me how deep they are; just live for God. Deep is living the Christian faith not just knowing a lot about God. Deep is being humble not being a know it all. Deep is being a servant not being a puffed up Christian. Deep is helping others know and grow in their relationship with Christ not the self-centered mentality we see from so many Christians: feed Me, bless ME, help ME, it’s all about me mentality. Deep is living the truth you already know. Friends, DEEP IS DOING! Let’s live the Bible and not try to impress each other with all of this deep stuff. LOVE GOD AND LOVE PEOPLE!
I will leave you with those two leadership lessons today. That’s a lot to chew on for one day.
Kendra and I would love to have you join us for our Launch Team Meeting tomorrow evening at 7pm. The meeting will be held at 908 Westover Terrace, Greensboro. For more information check out our Facebook page The Life Church Greensboro.
Have a blessed day!
I thoroughly enjoy being a leader, especially a spiritual leader. I love seeing God change lives. To continue to develop my leadership skills, I’m constantly reading books, listening to cds of other leaders and spending time with great leaders. I’m on a pursuit to be the best leader I can be for God. Over the next week, I’m going to be sharing some lessons I have learned on my leadership journey.
1. Those closest to you will determine your success.
2. Lead through leaders, not through followers. Leaders multiply, followers add.
3. Keep the vision white hot. Vision leaks, so you have to communicate it often.
4. Surround yourself with positive people.
I am very excited about launching The Life Church in Greensboro, NC in February 2018. If you're in the Triad area of NC we'd love to have you join our team. For more information send us an email to email@example.com.
The opportunity of a lifetime must be seized within the lifetime of opportunity.
That is where we are - seizing opportunity to reach more people.
Imagine a church where every leader, parent, and child is working toward the same goal...growing in authentic faith in Jesus, connecting them to the life they were created to live! Helping connect individuals, families, young, and old to a life-giving church.
In February of 2018, we are launching a life-giving, family focused church in Greensboro, NC. We want to make it hard for people to go to hell by making it easy for them to go to church. The bottom line is people matter!
Together, we can seize the opportunity to do something significant in Greensboro, NC.
A little about me. I'm a committed follower of Christ. I'm married to the love of my life, Kendra. We have three adorable kids Silas, Asher and Faith. I'm the Senior Pastor of The Life Church in Greensboro.