1. Get to know God’s Word and it helps you to better hear God’s voice.
2. Spend daily time alone with God praying, worshiping and reading the Bible.
3. As you develop a close relationship with God you become better at hearing His voice. After years of walking with God, I have become better at hearing His voice.
4. God leads us through inner peace. Just because something makes sense doesn’t mean it’s God. You have to get God’s peace before moving forward.
5. Cultivate a relationship with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit lives inside every believer, and He leads us and guides us into all truth.
6. Don’t grieve the Holy Spirit by living a life of disobedience. It becomes difficult to hear God’s voice when you are living a life of sin.
7. Seek godly counsel and wisdom from people who have been serving God for years. Seasoned godly people can help you discern God’s voice.
8. Don’t make decisions that go against the Bible. God will never tell you to do something that goes against what He has already said in the Bible.
A little about me. I'm a committed follower of Christ. I'm married to the love of my life, Kendra. We have three adorable kids Silas, Asher and Faith. I'm the Senior Pastor of The Life Church in Greensboro.