1. I don’t like excuses. Our world is full of excuse makers. Guess what, making excuses won’t get you anywhere. I don’t want to hear why you can’t get it done. I don’t want to hear the problems, I want to know the solutions. If you are an excuse maker, STOP IT AND Just do it! EXCUSES WON’T GET YOU ANYWHERE!
2. I don’t like division. For the record, The Life Church is very unified, but there is no place for Christians who tear each other down.
3. I don’t like church shopping. I’ve talked to people who have been looking for a church home for 2 years. If Jesus was the Senior Pastor of a church, these people would still be looking for a church to call home. FIND A CHURCH WHERE YOU CAN SERVE, GROW, GIVE, AND BE A BLESSING! There is no perfect church so quit making church ALL ABOUT YOU and get plugged in somewhere.
4. I don’t like a lack of commitment. Our society is inundated with a lack of commitment. Many people today are not committed to anything (marriage, church, family, job). The moment something goes wrong they’re out of there. As a Christ follower, we should be the most committed people on the planet.
5. I don’t like spiritual space cadets. It really bothers me when people use God and His name to try and get what they want. QUIT HIDING BEHIND GOD AND JUST SAY WHAT YOU MEAN! Christian people love to say God told me or I feel led to accomplish their own agenda. Quit spiritualizing everything to get your own way!
Jesus addresses the cause and the cure of worry in Matthew Chapter 6. The primary cause of worry is not trusting God. We worry because we try to be self-reliant instead of God-reliant. Humanity was not designed to operate independently from God. God created us to be dependent on Him; so when we try to deal with the problems and pressures of life on our own, worry starts to creep in. The thing that we often times forget is that Matthew 6:27 reminds us that worry is useless. Worrying can’t add a single hour to our lives. Worrying can’t change our circumstances. Worrying can’t change people. Worrying doesn’t accomplish anything positive in our lives. Let’s commit together not to worry, and instead, let’s trust God. God is always faithful to meet all of our needs when we put Him first.
Don’t make God a priority, make Him THE priority in 2020! Here are some ways to do that!
I believe the greatest enemy to success is ourselves. We are our own worst enemy. We have been made in the image of God. We are creative beings. We are power-packed full of potential. We are super talented. The only problem is we are our own worst enemy. Think about this question: How are you your own worst enemy? Is it a lack of discipline, impulsive decision-making, debt, time management, bad habits, neglecting your family, disobedience, integrity issues, laziness or attitude? If we are going to reach our full potential, we must overcome the number one enemy, OURSELVES!
1. Trust Him. Starting a new church for the second time has taken my faith and trust in God to a whole new level. God has really taught me to trust Him more. I’m not where I need to be, but I’m learning to totally trust God for everything.
2. Rest more. I’ve learned to work smarter and not harder. I’m in this for the long haul. I’m not going to burn out. My best days of life and ministry are ahead of me, so I’m pacing myself for the long haul.
3. Enjoy life. The older I get the more I’m learning to enjoy life. I love my wife and kids so much. I love to spend time with them. I’m going to enjoy my family. They mean the world to me. I need to do better with spending time with my friends. I’ll do better because I’m going to enjoy life. I ONLY HAVE ONE LIFE TO LIVE, AND I CHOOSE TO ENJOY IT!
4. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Most things aren’t that big of a deal. Most people’s complaints aren’t that big of a deal. In the early days, I use to freak out about a problem that would arise in the church, a mean note that somebody would write or a complaint someone had. Now I realize 99.9 percent of stuff isn’t that big of a deal. As long as I keep my heart pure and humble before the Lord and lead with the utmost integrity, everything else is small stuff.
Are you a make it happen person or make excuses person? Do you produce results or produce excuses? If you are asked to get something done do you bring back results or do you find yourself bringing back excuses of why you cannot get done what was asked of you? There are always good excuses for why we can’t get something done, but make it happen people have learned to push past the excuses and produce results. In the parable of the talents, the man with one talent did not produce results and he felt justified because he had what he thought were good excuses. When the master showed up to inspect the results, all he heard from the one talent man was his well thought out excuses. The master wasn’t impressed with excuses because he wanted to see results, not excuses. When the master didn’t see results, he took his talent from him and gave it to someone who would produce results instead of excuses. I want to encourage you today to be a person who produces results in your life, family and career. MAKE IT HAPPEN....don’t make excuses!
1. Don’t stop praying
2. Don’t stop fasting
3. Don’t stop tithing
4. Don’t stop giving
5. Don’t stop being faithful
6. Don’t stop doing the little things
7. Don’t stop believing
8. Don’t stop loving
9. Don’t stop forgiving
10. Don’t stop working
You’re closer than you think to a breakthrough! The darkest hour is right before the dawn! DON’T YOU DARE STOP!
A good leader sees quicker than most people. A leader sees…
1. A problem coming before others do.
2. Potential in a person before others do.
3. Situations that will arise before others do.
4. The ramifications of a decision before others do.
5. The outcome before others do.
6. A preferred future before others do.
7. A solution before others do.
8. The motives of people before others do.
9. The vision before others do.
Do you see quicker than others do?
1. You won’t always be liked, but respond by loving people.
2. You won’t always be understood, but keep leading and loving people.
3. You will be talked about in a negative way, but choose to develop thick skin, pursue God’s vision and love people.
4. People will take a half truth and twist it to make you look bad, but respond by loving people because God knows the truth and has your back.
5. People will say things about you that are untrue to make themselves look better. You shouldn’t spend your time defending yourself, but instead, follow God and love people.
6. You will be attacked, and you should respond with grace, truth and love.
7. You will have many opportunities to be offended and carry a grudge against somebody, but forgive as the Lord forgave you.
8. You will be hurt and disappointed by people, and you should respond by giving your hurt and pain to God, by keeping a tender heart and by loving people.
9. You will have the opportunity to get even with those who have deeply wounded you, but instead, speak kindly about them, support them and help them succeed and bless them!
10. TAKE THE HIGH ROAD!!!
A little about me. I'm a committed follower of Christ. I'm married to the love of my life, Kendra. We have three adorable kids Silas, Asher and Faith. I'm the Senior Pastor of The Life Church in Greensboro.