The dream that God has given me isn’t about me. The dream is about reaching as many people as possible with the good news of Christ. The dream is not about me. The dream is about seeing addicted people set free. The dream is not about me. The dream is about seeing broken hearts mended by the power of Christ. The dream is not about me. The dream is about seeing thousands upon thousands of people transformed by the power of Christ. The dream is not about me. Some questions for you:
1. Is your dream all about you? If it is, it’s your dream and not GOD’S dream. The dream is not about you.
2. Why has God given you the ability to make lots of money? Is it so you can spend it all on yourself? No way, it’s so you can advance God’s Kingdom and see more lives changed. The dream is not about you.
3. Why has God given you the gift of leadership? Is it so you can leverage it for your own personal gain? No way, it’s so more people can come to know Christ. The dream is not about you.
4. Why has God given you your job? Is it so you can just make money and pay the bills? No way, God has placed you on your job to be a light in the midst of darkness. God has given you your job so that His Kingdom can be advanced. The dream is not about you.
5. Have you made the dream all about you or all about God’s Kingdom being advanced?
1. Stay focused on God
2. Maintain a great attitude
3. Stay focused on your priorities
4. Delegate things that others can do for you
5. Remember that 20 percent of what you do produces 80 percent of the results
6. Say no to good things so that you can do the great things
7. Make time to take a break
1. If I had more money, I could accomplish my dreams.
2. If I had a different building, I could accomplish my dreams.
3. If I was older/younger, I could accomplish my dreams.
4. If I knew the right people, I could accomplish my dreams.
5. If I had more staff, I could accomplish my dreams.
6. If I lived in a different state, I could accomplish my dreams.
7. If I didn’t have this one major problem, I could accomplish my dreams.
8. If I had the talents they had, I could accomplish my dreams.
The only thing that’s stopping you from accomplishing your dreams is YOU! I’m not going to look back on life saying, “What if I would have,” and you shouldn’t either! QUIT MAKING EXCUSES AND GO FOR IT!
1. Pray consistently because God answers prayer
2. Pray for the IMPOSSIBLE because God answers prayer
3. Pray for your BIG DREAMS to come to pass because God answers prayer
4. Pray for your unsaved loved ones, friends and co-workers because God answers prayer
5. Pray for your sick body to be made well because God answers prayer
6. Pray for your church to DOUBLE in size because God answers prayer
7. Pray for God to bless your finances because God answers prayer
8. Pray for your kids to be a godly success because God answers prayer
9. Pray for your marriage to be OFF THE CHARTS GREAT because God answers prayer
10. Pray for your pastors and church family because God answers prayer
11. Pray in faith because God answers prayer
12. Pray that you will have a PASSION TO PRAY because God answers prayer
A little about me. I'm a committed follower of Christ. I'm married to the love of my life, Kendra. We have three adorable kids Silas, Asher and Faith. I'm the Senior Pastor of The Life Church in Greensboro.