1. You won’t always be liked, but respond by loving people.
2. You won’t always be understood, but keep leading and loving people.
3. You will be talked about in a negative way, but choose to develop thick skin, pursue God’s vision and love people.
4. People will take a half truth and twist it to make you look bad, but respond by loving people because God knows the truth and has your back.
5. People will say things about you that are untrue to make themselves look better. You shouldn’t spend your time defending yourself, but instead, follow God and love people.
6. You will be attacked, and you should respond with grace, truth and love.
7. You will have many opportunities to be offended and carry a grudge against somebody, but forgive as the Lord forgave you.
8. You will be hurt and disappointed by people, and you should respond by giving your hurt and pain to God, by keeping a tender heart and by loving people.
9. You will have the opportunity to get even with those who have deeply wounded you, but instead, speak kindly about them, support them and help them succeed and bless them!
10. TAKE THE HIGH ROAD!!!
To get to the next level, you have to think on a higher level. Many people are trapped in an old way of thinking. They were taught stinking thinking while growing up with their family. They learned bad thinking from friends. They learned unhealthy thinking from a previous work environment. To many people, dysfunctional thinking is normal because it’s all they know, but it’s also one of the major things holding them back from going to the next level. You have to get into God’s word and let it truly transform the way you think. You have to get around people who are where you want to be, learn how they think differently from you and begin to implement that into your thought life. You have to realize that you are where you are because of how you think. If you will change your thinking and learn how to think on a higher level, your life will go to a higher level! Start thinking your way to the next level!
A little about me. I'm a committed follower of Christ. I'm married to the love of my life, Kendra. We have three adorable kids Silas, Asher and Faith. I'm the Senior Pastor of The Life Church in Greensboro.