1. I don’t like excuses. Our world is full of excuse makers. Guess what, making excuses won’t get you anywhere. I don’t want to hear why you can’t get it done. I don’t want to hear the problems, I want to know the solutions. If you are an excuse maker, STOP IT AND Just do it! EXCUSES WON’T GET YOU ANYWHERE!
2. I don’t like division. For the record, The Life Church is very unified, but there is no place for Christians who tear each other down.
3. I don’t like church shopping. I’ve talked to people who have been looking for a church home for 2 years. If Jesus was the Senior Pastor of a church, these people would still be looking for a church to call home. FIND A CHURCH WHERE YOU CAN SERVE, GROW, GIVE, AND BE A BLESSING! There is no perfect church so quit making church ALL ABOUT YOU and get plugged in somewhere.
4. I don’t like a lack of commitment. Our society is inundated with a lack of commitment. Many people today are not committed to anything (marriage, church, family, job). The moment something goes wrong they’re out of there. As a Christ follower, we should be the most committed people on the planet.
5. I don’t like spiritual space cadets. It really bothers me when people use God and His name to try and get what they want. QUIT HIDING BEHIND GOD AND JUST SAY WHAT YOU MEAN! Christian people love to say God told me or I feel led to accomplish their own agenda. Quit spiritualizing everything to get your own way!
Jesus addresses the cause and the cure of worry in Matthew Chapter 6. The primary cause of worry is not trusting God. We worry because we try to be self-reliant instead of God-reliant. Humanity was not designed to operate independently from God. God created us to be dependent on Him; so when we try to deal with the problems and pressures of life on our own, worry starts to creep in. The thing that we often times forget is that Matthew 6:27 reminds us that worry is useless. Worrying can’t add a single hour to our lives. Worrying can’t change our circumstances. Worrying can’t change people. Worrying doesn’t accomplish anything positive in our lives. Let’s commit together not to worry, and instead, let’s trust God. God is always faithful to meet all of our needs when we put Him first.
A little about me. I'm a committed follower of Christ. I'm married to the love of my life, Kendra. We have three adorable kids Silas, Asher and Faith. I'm the Senior Pastor of The Life Church in Greensboro.